Volar Barton fracture is a type of injury to distal radius. It is an intra articular fracture where the fractured fragment is displaced towards volar side. Volar aspect of the limb is on the side where your palm is.
These are common injuries in young people who sustain high energy trauma.
Though there is closed reduction treatment described, frequently these patients require open reduction and internal fixation.
The xray belongs to 29 years old female who sustained this injury following motor vehicle accident.
She was treated eventually with buttress plate.
Incoming search terms:
- BARTON FRACTURE DISTAL RADIUS (1)
- bartons fracture (1)
- bartons fracture complex (1)
- FRACTURA RADIO (1)
- volar barton fracture manipulation (1)
- volar barton intra-articular distal radius fracture (1)
- volar barton\s fracture (1)
- перелом бартона (1)